Mammogram Screening Singapore
What Is A Mammogram?
A mammogram is an X-ray picture of the breast. Doctors look for early signs of breast cancer. Having regular mammograms is the most reliable and recommended method to detect breast cancer before a lump can be felt.
Breast Cancer Frequency in Singapore
Breast cancer is the most common cancer for females in Singapore, accounting for 11805 cases or 29.4% between 2015 to 2019.
Source: Singapore Cancer Registry Annual Report 2019
How Often Should Mammograms Be Done?
How often should mammograms be done after 50? Are mammograms necessary every year? When should
mammograms be done? These are indeed valid and common questions.
The following are Ministry of Health (MOH)'s recommendations on breast cancer screening:
|Women 50 years old and above||Screening every 2 years is recommended|
|Women between 40 to 49 years old||Annual screening is recommended|
|Women below 40 years old||No screening required, unless you are in the high risk category|
Who Is At High Risk Of Breast Cancer?
Women in the high risk category should consult a doctor about the recommended frequency for screening. Typically, high risk women would have a history of:
1. Breast cancer in several close family members.
2. Other cancers, especially cancer of the ovary and colon, as well as breast cancer, in members of the same family.
3. Breast cancer in a close relative under the age of 40.
Credits & Note: The above information is adapted from the Ministry of Health's (MOH) health screening guidelines for breast cancer and not meant to be taken as medical advice. Please consult a doctor for medical advice.
|Ultrasound Breast with Mammogram||$240.00|
Health Screening with ATA Medical
Want to skip the queue at the polyclinic? We are a one-stop health screening centre equipped with
Chest X-Ray, Mammogram and Ultrasound scans for your medical examination and full body check up.
Our clinic is conveniently located in the Central Business District (CBD) at Anson Road, and just a 4-minute walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT station.
Why Use Us?
Female RadiographerOur Chest X-Ray and Ultrasound Scans are done by a female radiographer.
Same Day ReportNeed urgent same day report? We provide these at a cost of $30 before GST.
One Stop Medical CentreWe are a one stop health screening centre with Chest X-Ray, Mammogram, and Ultrasound Scan.
How Do I Make An Appointment?
Book Mammogram Screening Now
Enquire More Through WhatsApp
Enquire More Through Email
How Do I Prepare?
1. Please wear a two piece outfit.
2. For mammograms, please avoid talcum powder, deodorant, lotion or perfume under your arms or on your breasts. These may interfere with the imaging.
What You Need To Bring
1. In-Principle Approval Form & Medical Form.
2. For Payment: Cash, NETS, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Union Pay, Grab Pay or PayNow.
How Long Does It Take?
1. On average, most of our patients finish their mammogram screening within 30 to 60
minutes during off peak hours. Please feel free to enquire about the best appointment
times with least waiting time.
2. The report will be ready in 72 hours and will be emailed to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
A lot of women fear mammograms due to pain and radiation. However, it is important to note that with better technological advancements, newer models of mammogram machines are more sensitive and hence, less pain and radiation is practically felt during the process.
SATA Your Appointment: 4 Simple Steps
1. Schedule your appointment with us through our booking form or
2. Arrive at our clinic 10-15 minutes before your appointment.
3. Talk to our doctor if necessary about your concerns and undergo your tests.
4. Await your report within 3 to 5 working days.
Ultrasound Health Screening Packages
1. Comprehensive Health Screening: You may also be keen to explore our routine and comprehensive health screening packages. Our Crown Plus ($445), Royal ($612), Jewel ($1299), and Marvel ($2100) packages have various Ultrasound and even Mammogram tests bundled with them.